Friday, November 23, 2007

Aunt Mary and Markers

At the beginning of November, our good family friend Aunt Mary came for a visit. Micah got to stay at Oma and Opa's house all weekend while Mary stayed with them, too. They had so much fun. Mary is such an encourager!

Micah also was introduced to markers for the first time early in November. He loves to sit and color for a long time these days (sometimes close to an hour!). He is very diligent about always putting the caps back on the markers. Sometimes I'm not sure which he enjoys more, coloring or taking the caps off and putting them back on and listening for the snapping noise it makes.
As Micah enters further into the toddler stage, where exploration of his world and helping others often requires being messy, the Lord is teaching me more and more about how messy my relationship is with Him. He allows me to try things all the time that I mess up. He just gently corrects me and shows me the right way one more time, until I get it right. It's a challenge to always respond that way with Micah. The Lord is so patient and long suffering with us, isn't He?
How could I get frustrated about marker all over him with a smile that cute and all the caps back on?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Three Fold Cord said...

Amen for caps back on-Can Micah come over and lay his hands on my children to annoint them with a love of caps back on??? Well, maybe after he washes his hands!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home